Today is my birthday.
And not just any birthday…but my 2nd 21st.
And I have to say that I plan to enjoy it a lot more than the other one.
And not just because this time I can afford the good booze. Lol
It’s because the first time you turn 21 you don’t know who you are yet. You likely haven’t accomplished any life goals. And you haven’t really figured out what makes you happy.
The second time, for me anyways, means the following (in no particular order):
1) I know who I am and I’m proud of her
2) I have a wonderful husband, and an even more wonderful dog (lol – sorry babe, but I know you’d say the same)
3) I have hobbies I love
4) I have a small, but incredible, circle of friends. Quality friends, who make things like birthdays extra special
5) I’ve traveled a lot of the country and seen some pretty amazing things – like giant sequoias, the Rocky Mountains (both American and Canadian), tons of wildlife, and the four corners. I’ve put my feet in both oceans and been to the top of Mt. Washington.
6) I’m fit and healthy. I’ve run four marathons (soon to be five) and just love being active.
All of these came about in the past 21 years (or less).
Geeze – wonder what amazing things I can accomplish in the next 21. 🙂
I can’t wait to find out!