First things first…did everyone get their waiver & corral info??
I know about 50% of the runners are happy, 20% are upset and 30% don’t care. 😀
For me, getting my corral just means a sense of relief that they were able to properly verify my proof of time and I’m not starting too far back. Lol
I got G by the way…G for Goofy!
And speaking of Goofy, this week, the last few days before I start my taper, are my dress rehearsal.
Since I’m doing Goofy + 5k, I’m doing a sort of simulation. (Tho a true simulation would involve tons of walking all day after the runs and maybe consuming a little too much wine after my “half” run. Hmmm…should I?)
So Monday I ran a nice little 5k, Tuesday was “active rest” and today I’m going to log 10 miles with my sole sister (sole sister solstice run – a sort of tradition) then Thursday will be 20 miles. Followed by a couple days off.
I’m feeling good and ready for my runs this week – isn’t carb loading wonderful? And hoping that when they are done, I’ll be feeling good and ready to take on the “more than Goofy challenge.”
So let’s see…we have our waivers, we have our corral assignments, we have our weekend guide. All we need is to see what the new merchandise looks like! I’m particularly curious about the design for the Dooney & Bourke bags. Hoping it’s as pretty as last year.
Since we are two weeks out and most everyone is tapering now, here’s some helpful tips for a successful taper.
- Don’t take it out on your friends & family. It’s taper, you will be an antsy cranky mess. Just warn your loved ones…because it is the holidays!
- Speaking of the holidays…enjoy them! Be glad you don’t have to log 20 miles on Christmas or New Years Day. Not only will your family be grateful, but you will love sleeping in and relaxing.
- Quality vs Quantity. You will be running less miles, but don’t phone them in. Keep them good solid quality runs to ease the “omg am I truly Goofy (Dopey)? What am I getting myself into?” freakouts.
- Get a massage. Not only will it help reset your legs, but it will help control the taper crazies. If only for an hour.
- Use your free time wisely. You are headed to Disney World after all. There’s lots to do, like finish your costume, make a packing list and study the event guide. Now is the time (now is the best time…) to get that done.
Hope everyone has a successful final long run, and a good transition to taper. Let’s get Goofy!