Omg omg omg…It’s 10 weeks to the Dopey Challenge!!!!!!
Because when you train for running Disney…you include as much Disney as possible. Shirts, headbands, visors, photo ops. 😂
I know some of my fellow Dopeys are following a different plan that has them higher mileage right now…but the one I have works for me, or at least has for my last few marathons and marathon weekends, so I’m sticking with it.
So…since I didn’t have to run 17 miles this weekend, it meant I had time to start thinking about those fastpasses that will get booked in 10 days. And what rides I’ll need them for and what rides either don’t need them or are worth standing in line for.
And I made a list of my 10 favorites. My absolute must do rides. Here they are, in no particular order. And, why I love them.
- Wedway People Mover – yeah, I know it’s know the “Tomorrowland Transportation Authority” now, but as the Boston Garden will always be the Boston Garden, so will this always be the Wedway People Mover. Its relaxing, its fun, its great for napping the day of the half marathon and I love the view of people on Space Mountain. Speaking of space mountain….
- Space Mountain – One of the first roller coasters I ever rode. And always a favorite. Its sci-fi, its dark, and even after countless rides I STILL duck. And it will always be the ride that my brother & I rode like four times in a row because it was raining and there was no line and we could get off, through and back up to the start in like two minutes.
- Haunted Mansion – I L O V E the Haunted Mansion. I’m not even 100% sure why. But its charming and spooky at the same time. I love the ballroom dancing ghosts, and the puns on the headstones. And the cast member who snuck up behind me and made me shriek. 🙂 Its also the ride where I sat in front of an open tomb for 15 minutes while the “ghosts wreaked havoc up ahead” because it was struck by lightning while I was on it.
- Pirates of the Caribbean – Still spooky. The dark queue to get to the boat, the drop in the pitch darkness, the smells, the rowdy pirates. I feel like a kid again any time i’m on it. It makes me smile.
- Expedition Everest – I could ride this all day. And while I have yet to actually stop during the marathon to ride it (considered it tho), its one of the few long lines i’ll stand in without a fastpass, because its awesome. It goes SO high up you can see forever, the Yeti is awesome (I always roar back) and it just makes your heart race in the best way.
- Kilimanjaro Safari – One word, critters! I am such an animal lover and getting the chance to see them up close (Giraffic Jam anyone?) is always great. Every ride is different – and this year I even got to see baby Stella (the elephant). This is another one I could ride over and over.
- Rock & Roller Coaster – Aerosmith, zero to sixty, rock and roll. Its fast, its fun, its loud. Its dark and neon and SUCH a rush. I’m always a little bit shaky when I get off the ride. LOL
- Tower of Terror – The ride I love to hate. The building is awesome, the Twilight Zone video is great and the reason I watch it. The cast members who really get into character? Creepy cool. But the drops. I HATE the drops. I’m usually screaming my head off while trying to hold onto something, anything, for dear life. And yet, still I ride it.
- Spaceship Earth – Its relaxing, its informative, its just….cool. I know some people find it boring, but its a look through history and there’s SO much to see and I just sit there in awe soaking it all in. How do they make it smell old? or like campfire? Disney magic…
- Journey into Imagination – Figment. I have loved that little purple rascal since the very first time I saw him. He’s mischief and goofy and lighthearted. Figment just wants to have fun. And while the current version of the ride is great (doesn’t everyone sing along with the song?), I miss Dreamfinder.
Do you hve an absolute favorite? What’s first in your fastpass list?
And to all my fellow Dopeys, keep up the great training!