Okay – did anyone see where this week went? How is it blog day again. LOL
It was actually a pretty good week. I got in some awesome runs, hosted an 80th birthday party and saw the most amazing sunrise (or should I say sunrise) yesterday morning. That is my favorite part about daylight savings time – getting to run in the morning before work again. YAY!
I’ve got a half-marathon coming this Sunday and i’m feeling really ready for it. I know i’m going to do WAY better than my last one, so i’m kind of excited.
Know what else i’m excited about? That its only 63 days to Dopey!!!! I had friends down there for Wine & Dine race weekend and while it was fun following their adventures, I wanna go have my own.
And thinking of those adventures….Here are my 9 favorite things at Disney!
9. Tofu Bowls from S’atuli Canteen. Disney is a master at food allergies and preferences. And this celiac vegetarian does well in the parks. But this? I still remember exactly how it tastes. Plus there’s blue sangria!!
8. The Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover. (The wedway) Not only is it a great place for a quick nap during marathon weekend – lol – it’s just a relaxing inside look at Tomorrowland.
7. Kilimanjaro Safari. I’m all about the critters. And you never know which ones you’ll see. And while love me some Simba, getting to see baby Stella was a highlight.
6. Journey into Imagination. Figment is my spirit animal. I mean I even dressed like him for the marathon in January. It’s just a really cute ride with a fun area to explore at the end.
5. Haunted Mansion. Despite of (or maybe because of) being on this ride as a kid when it was struck by lightning, I love this ride. It’s delightfully spooky and the cast members are awesome (one once followed me until I realized it and shrieked lol). It’s…haunting 🙂
4. Rock n Roller Coaster. It’s fast, it’s fierce, it ROCKS. It’s Aerosmith and neon and just a darn good time. Plus it usually results in hilarious photos from “take off”
3. Gran Marnier Slushies. Yeah, i know, i mentioned these last week. But…they are amazeballs. So freaking delicious. And its one thing I always look forward to.
2. Flight of Passage. This ride is just….. WOW. I was lucky enough to ride it twice in January and its such an amazing adrenaline rush and feast for the senses. I could ride it all day.
1. The 3:00 parade at Magic Kingdom. I dare you not to wave back to the characters as they go by. The characters, the pageantry, the music, the floats, the dancing. It’s all the feels. And it makes me happy.
Hello Eugene… lol
So my fellow Disney runners – what’s yours? Food, ride or experience? What makes you feel like a kid again.