Its just four little weeks to Dopey…. So what do we want? Waivers! When do we want them? NOW!!!! LOL
Hopefully this week….especially since last year they came out like the day I wrote about them. But, this year NONE of the race distances are sold out. (Side note – wanna run??? You still can!) But, we’ll see. Not that it really matters where you start…its the same journey anyways. Just a matter of how dark it is when you hit main street. 🙂
So FOUR. Four weeks left for training and planning and ‘omg am I really doing this again.’ Four weeks until….Four Days, Four Races, Four Parks, Four freaking early wake-ups.
In keeping with this week’s theme, i’m going to bring you four top-4 lists. But first, a training update.
This weekend was 18 miles… And it made me realize just how far out of marathon shape I am. Its my own fault. I had the summer of speed followed by peroneal tendonitis. I hadn’t done 18 miles since May. That’s too long. Not to self – distance all year!! (And no injuries, please.)
I am being realistic in my training tho. Knowing how I felt and how I ran last year, I tried to make this more of a marathon simulation than a “lets go kill it” run. What that means is…running 14 and then run/walking.
Mad props to those of you who can run every step of those 48.6 miles. I’m not one of them. And i’m okay with that. Even my 44-mile overnight ultra had some walking. Its just a matter of ever forward. I figure my Dopey brother & I will be using the same strategy we did this past year. Run to the parking lot at animal kingdom (where I always smile thinking about leaving my toss hoodie at the base of unicorn parking sign) and then alternate walk a mile / run a mile.
So the 18? I ran a good solid sub-10 paced 13.5, And then I walked a half-mile eating a chocolate-mint (HOLY CROW THAT IS DELICIOUS) Gu. Ran the next, then went into 1/2 mile ‘intervals’. And I finished the 18…feeling like I could totally knock out a couple more miles – as long as I didn’t have to run more than 1/2 of one at a time. And that’s perfect.
End of next week will be my full-dopey simulation (3, 4, 10, 20) and then taper. OMG TAPER – that means we’re almost there. LOL
Okay – getting ahead of myself… lets talk Disney fun…
So here’s four lists, each with four items, to get you in a Dopey state of mind: Costumes, Characters, Rides, and Things We Want.
Costumes – do you have yours planned? I do. And I’m ready to reveal them….
- Mike Wazowski (repeat, sorta, last year it was covered in a very warm winter hoodie – fingers crossed I can actually wear the real shirt this time!)
- Dopey “style” (I made myself a wicked awesome dopey challenge shirt that i’m SO excited for. Its green and will be paired with purple accessories. I might even race in my ears again)
- Rose Gold Minnie (again, custom design – and unless Sparkle Athletics puts out a rose gold visor (PLEASE!!!!!) will also include minnie ears)
- Snow White (i’m very excited to run as the OG….)
These are in race order….I think. LOL And I’ve got my race posse in coordinating outfits for the 5 & 10.
Characters – I have never stopped during a race for a character. The lines are just too long and while I’m apparently willing to wait 10 minutes for Sangria, I haven’t done the same for a princess.
I mean, I stopped to pet a sheep, and yet I wouldn’t stop for poor Meeko who didn’t even have a line. Priorities… Anyway – there are some people that i’m hoping to meet that weekend. Or at least see.
- Snow White (She’s a guarantee – i’m having dinner with her that Friday night!)
- Stitch (I have seen him on course. This year I may be tempted to actually stop)
- Flynn Rider (I would love to get up close with that smolder!)
- Oswald (he’s this year’s GOAL. He’s the 5k mascot and my nephew LOVES him. If he’s out – we are stopping!)
Rides – What’s on your fast pass list? Did you get all the ones you want? My four that i’m most excited about riding (one in each park) are…
- Flight of Passage (Best. Ride. Ever.)
- Seven Dwarves Mine Train (Sooooo fun. And I love seeing them dance at the end.)
- Spaceship Earth (I know – for some people its a toss-away. But this ride just speaks to me.)
- Rock & Roller Coaster (horns up, upside down that is…. fast and fun!)
Things We Want – The important one! What are we runners waiting for right now? What, other than the long runs, is keeping us awake at night? These…
- Waivers – show me the waivers! They’ve come out anywhere between the 5th & 16th. So soon my pretties. Soon. And may the corrals be ever in your favor.
- Event Guide – Just as important as the waivers…we want the courses and the other little details and information that matters. Personally I want this even more!!!!
- Magic Bands – Mine are ordered and I’m just waiting on them to ship. I can’t wait until they arrive so I can customize them with the decals I designed. Yes, I may be a little cricut crazy, but if i’m going to wear something all day, its gotta be pretty.
- Merchandise – this we won’t see most of until race week. Although a picture of the Dooney & Bourke purses has been released, and I AM due for a new tote (I just wish it had Dopey on it) and the magnets have come out – which totally gives us an idea of the them for all the merchandise.
I definitely need the magnet. And probably another ‘I did it” shirt. And a headband. And oooh – fingers crossed for another Alex & Ani bracelet! Or a pandora charm…Maybe a pint glass this year (i’m still bummed they didn’t get the last year). Yeah – I always overspend at the expo.
What else is on your “alright, where is it” list?
Are you as excited as I am? Let’s Get Dopey!!